- Is Alabama A&M University accredited?
Yes, Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools' Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees. Contact the commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of AAMU.Back to Top
- How do I apply to be admitted to Alabama A&M University?
- What materials are needed to complete my AAMU admissions application?
The following must be submitted for consideration of acceptance to Alabama A&M University:
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcript, and a Letter of Recommendation from either principal or guidance counselor.
- What is the admissions application deadline?
- Fall Semester: June 15
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: April 1
Application Deadline for International Students
- Fall Semester: May 15
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Semester: March 1
- What is the application fee?The application fee for admission is $20.00.Back to Top
- What are the admission requirements for acceptance into Alabama A&M University?All applicants for admission are required to have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of a 2.0 along with an American College Test (ACT) score of at least a 18 or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of at least a 1290. For requirements for international students please contact the Office of Admissions.Back to Top
- What are the admission requirements for transfer students?
- What are the admission requirements for transient students?Students must submit a letter of permission or good standing from the institution in attendance. Transient students must make application for admission each semester in attendance. All applicants for admission are required to have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of a 2.0 and an American College Test (ACT) score of at least a 18 or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of at least a 1290. For additional information please contact the Office of Admissions.Back to Top
- What is the readmit process for students?
- How do I pay my enrollment fees online?You can pay your through the PayPal Payment System. Please have your Alabama A&M University Student ID number ready when you pay your Enrollment Fee. Your Student ID number is also required to process your Enrollment Fee payment.Back to Top
- Where can I access information on University deadlines and withdrawal information?Access Alabama A&M’s University Academic Calendar for important deadlines and specific dates of importance.Back to Top
- How do I purchase books?AAMU distance education students, can take advantage of the . Students have the ability to place orders online for home delivery or store pickup.Back to Top
- How do I register for courses?
You can register for classes by visiting the University web page and logging into your banner account, or by completing the steps below:
- Visit the Alabama A&M University Website
- Click on the myAAMU link in the upper right
- Click Banner Self-Service Log-In
- Enter your User ID and Pin
- Click Login
- Click on the Student Tab
- Click Registration
- Click Add or Drop Classes
For additional assistance contact the Registrar’s Office.Back to Top
- What if I have questions or need technical support?For specific questions about your course, you should contact your instructor. For general questions regarding your academic plan of study, you should contact your academic advisor. For technical questions and other student services, call the Alabama A&M University Online Academic IT Support, 256-372-8849 or send email to AAMU Online. Back to Top
- How do I contact Financial Aid if I am enrolled in an Online Degree Program?